Prelude Preparatory Public School (Prelude Prep) is a new public prep school opening on the Southside of San Antonio in 2021. We are a PreK-Grade 8 school, opening with PreK, Kindergarten, and Grade 1, growing a grade level each year.
As a Founding Pre- Kindergarten Teacher, you prepare our youngest learners to participate in high powered academics through a college-prep curriculum, build knowledge through study in all subject areas, and ignite curiosity through play and collaboration.
- In the mission and vision of the school
- All children are capable of success
- Strong relationships with students and families are critical
- In holding high expectations for every student
- Children are capable of rigorous and challenging work
- Play fosters critical thinking, creativity, self-expression, confidence, and socio-emotional development
- In a strong school instructional culture with a focus on continuously improving instructional practices
You are a Founder
- You are building a new, high achieving organization from the ground up
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have an “All Hands-on Deck” approach
- You promote the growth of the school
- Core Curriculum. The Creative Curriculum (Texas Edition)
- Social and Emotional. The Caring School Community
- Civic Education. You facilitate a school-wide approach to civic education including working with students in the Growing for Giving Garden, community service projects, and town hall meetings for students.
Prelude School Culture
- You honor the hopes and dreams of our families who entrust you with the education of their children.
- You honor the capacity of our children to do rigorous work, demonstrate strong character, and show growing leadership within our school and the greater community.
- You build a culture where every student feels valued and supported, every student is told they can succeed, they can meet their goals, they can have a career of their choice, they can go to college, and they can do whatever they set their minds to.
- You believe in the Prelude Core Values of Excellence, Self- Discipline, and Respect and model the core values in all of your actions across the Prelude community.
Prelude Instructional Culture
- You thrive on being an educational expert and are excited about professional growth opportunities.
- You have a weekly day reserved for collaboration and development.
- You foster collaboration and support with colleagues to analyze student data to identify strategies that will move students toward mastery
- You receive professional growth through regular walk-throughs, observations, instructional rounds, video reflections, and coaching from instructional leaders
- You receive support through a weekly 1:1 meeting
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Texas Teacher Certification Required. Bilingual Certification, ESL Supplemental Certification, or Special Education Supplemental certification highly preferred.
- Can pass a criminal background check
Prelude offers a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Prelude Preparatory Public School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals hired for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.